A lady in our branch gave us about a dozen jars of baby food that Luke has been plowing through like they're going out of style. He's a little garbage disposal. He'll eat 4 or 5 ounces of food at a sitting and then nurse for a full feeding right after. Since he's trying to eat me out of house and home already, I've been making baby food at home instead of forking over 50 cents or a buck at a time for a jar (which he'll devour in one sitting and ask for more). It's been super easy now that I've gotten the hang of it: I just dig up whatever vegetables Scott and I don't want to finish, boil the bejeebers out of 'em in a little bit of water, dump the whole pot into the blender, and then pour the blender goop into ice cube trays to freeze into little serving-sized cubes. I've stained all our white ice trays orange and green this way, but it's fun to see all the bags of colorful cubes lined up in the freezer. :-)
So far carrots, sweet potatoes, bananas, green beans, peaches, squash, mixed veggies (corn & broccoli), hummus, yogurt (I know, bad mommy), and applesauce have all been huge hits. Asparagus was a bust (go figure), and we haven't talked him into peas yet. Oh, and we went to California Pizza Kitchen last week and I let him suck on my pizza crusts...mom of the year award, I tell you. Next thing you know he'll be begging for french fries and fried chicken.

No comments:
Post a Comment